Sunday, July 12, 2009

I have wavy/slightley curly hair and I need hair styles! please help?

I need a hairstyle for my wavy/slightly curly hair and I ran out of ideas so please help



I have wavy/slightley curly hair and I need hair styles! please help?

- "Strictly Curls" is a book about curly hair styles. I like to sweep hair back with 2 crisscrossed bobby pins after parting my hair to the side. I also like to wear my hair half up and leave out individual curls to frame my face.



- Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sulfates). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (read more about this at one of the websites) . Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse. It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser.



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Aussie Moist Conditioner. The combo of products that I use daily is Garnier Fuctis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream, Tressemme Clean Hold Gel, and Aussie Tizz No Frizz Gel, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



I have wavy/slightley curly hair and I need hair styles! please help?

Hi. Why dont you try doing a corn-row? Or you know the hairstyle that julia roberts had in pretty woman..... try that one. The best thing to do is to check out celebs, you can get alot of ideas.



I have wavy/slightley curly hair and I need hair styles! please help?

long layers just below the shoulders and angled in the front



I have wavy/slightley curly hair and I need hair styles! please help?

It's important to layer your hair. I have hair just like yours; if I don't have layers, my hair will either have no volume or get really frizzy and out of control, depending on the weather. (I don't know about you, but my hair frizzes in the humidity). Get angled layers towards the front of your hair so that you don't hide under a tent--or rather, look like you're hiding your hair under a tent.



Sideswept bangs may also be a good look for you; ask your hairdresser. It's also really important to have a style that not only suits your hair, but also your face shape. Is it square? Round? Oval? Check with your hairdresser.



I have wavy/slightley curly hair and I need hair styles! please help?

Is it thick or thin? My hair is the same as yours and it's thick, so I have bangs that, when wet and straight, go down to about the tip of my nose, and I put about 3/4 of them to the side. When dry, they just conveniently curl right above my eye to the side. Also, I have layers starting at about my jawline and my hair is about two inches past my shoulders. The front is angled.

No comments:

Post a Comment