Thursday, July 30, 2009

I want to grow my curly hair long-& right now it's somewhat triangular. Anybody have a good

It's about halfway to the length I'd like it to be. (So it's 6 inches below my shoulders, and I'd like it to be about 10 inches below my shoulders.) Should I get it cut and shaped now, or should I wait until it grows longer (given that hairdressers always cut off more than you'd like)? Additionally, are there any good pictures of nicely layered curly hair on the web? I want one to bring to my stylist. Thanks!



I want to grow my curly hair long-%26amp; right now it's somewhat triangular. Anybody have a good long curly style?

Sounds like you have the dreaded "pyramid" look. Look for a stylist who uses the slicing method. I have long, naturally curly hair about an inch below my shoulders when dry, and 4 inches below them when wet.



Although the slicing method sounds scary, it it isn't. It involves strategically snipping pieces of the hair so it enhances the natural curl and removes the excess weight.



I don't where you live, but you can call salons in your area and ask who can handle curly hair. Also look at ouidad.com for more curly hair info.



If you are worried about a stylist cutting off too much hair, do what I do. Emphasize over and over again EXACTLY how much you want cut off the ends, and watch them like a hawk.



Also, NEVER let a stylist layer your hair, and if they pull out a razor, run like hell.



I want to grow my curly hair long-%26amp; right now it's somewhat triangular. Anybody have a good long curly style?

it depends how your hair grows..

No comments:

Post a Comment