Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What are some good tips to keeping my curly hair healthy?

Well, i have a bit past shoulder length hair when its curly (when i wet it and leave it natural), and i tend to either OVER condition/brush it or leave it too dry , and let it turn so knotty it could pass for locks



any suggestions on good hair products that enhance curls but keep them healthy, I just need a balance. anyone in my position?



What are some good tips to keeping my curly hair healthy?

OK first off don't fight the curl! You'll never win. I have naturally curly hair as well. My suggestion is to buy a shampoo and conditioner that are specifically for curly hair. I like Pantene Pro V Hydrating Curls and I have also tried the Sunsilk de-frizz shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry hair only, never blow dry or it can and will turn into a huge frizzy mess. After you towel dry your hair then use a wide tooth comb to prevent breakage with a brush. Next use a mousse for curly hair I like TRESemme Curl Care collection. I also use a small amount of gel in my hair to control it a bit more and help keep the frizz away through the day. Make sure to flip your head over and scrunch your hair from the ends to the roots. When you flip back over just style with fingers and let air dry. If you chose you could also add a small amount of spray gel into the mix just depends on the climate you live in. Also just a tip don't get carried away with the product or your hair will be weighed down and you very well could have the lock look going on again. If your not into the entire routine of putting all this into your hair I would at least recommend trying the mousse. Just the mousse will keep your hair looking curly with out looking like you have a bunch of product in your hair. Also don't comb/brush once your hair is dry or the flowing curl will disappear in seconds and you will end up with frizz. Good luck and this exact way doesn't work for everyone since no one has the same type of hair. Try it a few times to see what is going to work the best for hair and the climate you live in. Who knows you may need to alter it a bit.



What are some good tips to keeping my curly hair healthy?

WELL.....MY HAIR IS THE SAME WAY.....AT TIMES I ADD CONDITIONER TO MY HAIR WITH OUT THE WATER.....AND TREAT AS IF NORMAL HAIR....I LET IT GO NATURAL UNTILL IT DRIES AND THEN MY CURLS ARE REALLY CURLY AND BOUNCY AND PRETTY L0L BUT I ALSO PUT GEL AND HAIRSPRAY IN MY HAIR....AND THATS KEEPS IT IN PLACE AT TIMES TOO



WELL GOOD LUCK WITH THE TURN OUT IF YOU TRY IT I HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU !

No comments:

Post a Comment