Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is the best shampoo/conditioner for curly hair?

I have fairly curly hair that tends to break and poof up a lot. I dont blow dry or even brush my hair and I've even cut back on shampooing. Can anyone suggest any good shampoos and conditioners and/or products for dry curly hair.



I like my curls I just want them to be happy curls, help!



What is the best shampoo/conditioner for curly hair?

i just started using Herbal Essences Totally Twisted. It works great and smells good. It helps tame frizz (and believe me, my hair is short and poofy-curly naturally). I have also used SunSilk frizz control (green bottle)--it works pretty well also. I tried a sample of the Sunsilk poof control (blue bottle), but the frizz type worked better for me. you can buy both trial types of the sunsilk at walmart so you can see which is better for you.



the Herbal essences is a bit cheaper.



The best I've used to help tame the frizziness was by bath and body works, but they don't make it anymore, plus it was like 7$ a bottle.



I would definitely recommend getting the shampoo/conditioner combo of whatever type you choose...conditioner helps make your hair smoother and less frizzy in general.



What is the best shampoo/conditioner for curly hair?

I have used the Curls Rock line by Catwalk since it came out 3 years ago. It smells like oranges and my hair is SOOOO silky and shiny. You can only get it at salons or specialty stores. But if you get it at the salon, you can usually get a good deal on sets, like the shampoo and conditioner both for about 20 dollars or so. They also have a whole line of hair products that I absolutely love and you can tell from my pic that my hair is MEGA curly. Just don't bother with the finishing spray. It's crappy and is sticky too.



If money is not an issue, you can go to www.ouida.com and they have alot of things that are made especially for curly hair. My sister uses their product and she swears by them. I haven't personally tried them so I can't say.



Also, the first girl was right, too. The Herbal Essences Totally Twisted is a good line if you don't want to spend too much money. I love their mousse. It's not sticky or heavy either. And of course, being Herbal Essences, it smells fantastic.



The best thing you can do for curly hair is to stay away from products that have alcohol, which can lead to drying and split ends. Also, only use a wide tooth comb or just your fingers, not brushes and that can cut back on breakage, too. You CAN blow dry your hair, just always, always use a diffuser. And cutting back on shampooing is a good thing too. My stylist told me to only wash my hair 3 times a week at most. Hope this helps!



What is the best shampoo/conditioner for curly hair?

i also have similar problem and i uses clinic all clear shampoo and panteen conditioner.



What is the best shampoo/conditioner for curly hair?

Dont use anything store bought. They have a lot of waxy substance in them which is bad for your hair. Use Matrix Curl life. It will give you the smooth shiny curls you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment