Thursday, July 23, 2009

I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight & not FRiZZY!?

my hair isn't thick.%26amp;its very curly!!! i put some moose %26amp; gel %26amp; that kind of stuff in it...to hold the frizz down.... but when i straighten it... it goes wavy %26amp; frizzy......;;;advice?



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

there is something called SUPER SKINNY by paul mitchell, it's the best, a little expensive but works. I have long curly thick hair and i have the same thing happen to me, also buy a flatiron, not the cheap ones, but maybe a ceramic one, they run about 50-200 dollars depending on how good of a one you want. And when straightening your hair, dont put hairspray or moose in, that will make it worse! Keep that for when you want your hair curly.



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

Hmm, get a better straightener.. Sorry i didn't know you had chi.



Okay.. that happens to my cousin. What i make her do is buy this Pantene moose or gel that you use after you straighten your hair. You simply take a few pieces of your hair with your hand, (remember to start from the top of your hair and slide downwards) and press on it, for the effect. This way there will be no frizz or wavy-ness. Hope i helped.. sorry about the straighting thing before!!



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

make a style out of your curls gal. put on a hair bow or band to keep the front neat and let the curls fall around you. you may use hairpins. or you can cut it short or something. just be creative. see my avatar? ive curls too(really tough to manage). but i like them. besides, the method you use to straighten your hair may not be soothing for it and its gonna get thinner. plus what'll you do if your new style doesn't suit you or if you find that your hair is too thin after straightening it?



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

lol, pubic face.



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

I have that same type of hair.. my trick to keeping it straight is to purchase a perm solution from the store, put just the activator and neutralizer in my hair (according to the box details) and while the activator is in my hair I comb it straight for the duration of time indicated. After this is rinsed out I add the neutralizer as per instruction and continue combing in straight. In the end you may still need to use the straightener to just take out some minor curls but it will hold much better without so much product. I do use a leave in conditioner after washing my hair (Infusium works great), and rather than putting in the product for frizz before you straighten it with the straightener, put a high sheen product through your hair after the straightening so that it smooths out any last minute frizz and holds it down throughout the day.. good luck.. it can be so frustrating having this type of hair.. trust me I know.. ;o)



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

Try heat seal by Paul Mitchell- it helps fight humidity and keeps it under control. Steps to straight: 1- shampoo/condition. 2-apply a gel for control (mousse is for body) then heat seal. 3- blow dry straight (warm first then cool). 4- flat iron in sections- the thicker your hair the smaller your sections should be. Mist sections with a working hair spray before ironing for extra hold. Make sure the section cools completely befor you touch it! 5-Finally spray with hair spray and you are done. Get it done by a pro if you still have trouble and watch how they do it for you and then practice it. Good products and tools make it easier.



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

If you have the money to invest in good quality salon products, I would suggest the following: Use Kenra Platinum Hot Spray #20, it is an awesome straightening product. Use it to blow dry your hair fowwlowed by using your CHI. Then, use Victoria Secret So Sexy Shine serum between CHI straightening, it will make your hell smell amazing and it will take away your frizz.



I have VERYYY curly hair... how do i get it straight %26amp; not FRiZZY!?

Um avoid purchasing ANY shampoos like Paul Mitchell Super Skinny or any other shampoos that contain (the key ingredient that makes your hair FRIZZY):



SODIUM.



Take the shampoo bottles and look at the ingredients. If there are any sodium ingredients listed, this means that the salt-based cleansing properities in the shampoo are stripping your hair from proteins, oils that make it shiny, smooth, and silky (not-frizzy). Therefore, they require you to purchase a conditioner to go with it to fix the damage these sodium shampoos are doing.



Here's my recommendation for super smooth and straight hair. And i've tried EVERYTHING. I have a curly beast-like mane attached to my head too.



Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo.



Aveda does not use ANY sodium ingredients and is completely hydrating for your hair. Combine this with Aveda Hang Straight Lotion before you straighten with an iron or blow dry.



Just remember, the ingredients of shampoos are SOOO important!! make sure the product you are putting in your hair is not going to be drying!!



Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment